levothyroxine, liothyronine and fasting glucose
Is there a strong connection between taking  liothyronine and/or levothyroxine and and increase in fasting glucose? Anyone else experience an increase when you started or while on T4 and/or T3 thyroid medicine?

If you did, did your fasting glucose improve on its own in time? Were you able to reduce your increased fasting glucose with lifestyle changes?

Because both thyroid and pancreas are part of the endocrine system, they do have to work together, but just starting levothyroxine or liothyronine should not cause your fasting blood sugar to rise.

My fasting blood sugars had begun to rise a few years ago, and yes, I can often control it by watching what I eat - for instance, if I eat a bowl of ice cream in the evening, my blood sugar will be elevated in the morning, but if I eat an apple, cheese, etc it won't be.  I also have to make sure I get plenty of exercise.