long term effects
What are the long term effects of taking levothroxine for hypothyroidism?
As long as you do not go hyper or back to hypo, there are no negative consequences of taking the med.
If you are hypothyroid, you will probably need the med for life. When taken in the proper amount prescribed by your doctor, it will prevent health issues related to being hypo.
Hi ... did you have surgery or other disease?  WELCOME!  C~
Levoxly's long term side effects if taken at the right dose are very rare, with the most common being hair loss nothing new to most of us here.
I thought the hair loss was a symptom of the low thyroid and not a side effect of the treatment.  

I am being treated for low thyroid and although my TSH is now close to normal my symptoms have not gone away (hair loss, constipation, cold all the time and the worst one WEIGHT GAIN - ugh!).
I have been on levothroid for 14 yrs, and no complications from it.
What is considered normal for TSH depends on the doctor and or lab that ran the test.  Many are still using the old range of .5-5.0.  Even if they have adopted the new range of .3-3.0,  being "close to normal" as you describe may not be nearly good enough to relieve your symptoms.  What was the TSH result for you?  Were other important test, such as T4 and T3 also checked?  What is your normal body temperature?  Don't accept what you are living with currently as the best it can be.