Thyroid Disorders Community
low fever following TT 48 hours ago
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

low fever following TT 48 hours ago

I had a TT that went well, despite my giant Thyroid.... minimally invasive and ebullient that I went through with the surgery and came out alive.   Now I've had afternoon and evening fevers from 99.2--99.9.   If I took a single Tylenol I would not have any fever but I'm a stubborn old goat.   Morning, the fever is gone until afternoon.  Day 2 of this.
I'm not feeling too bad.  But the low fever goes on for hours and hours and hours, never going very high.
Is this a possible side-effect of newly-started synthroid?  I just started it yesterday so I wouldn't think so and I have no
other symptoms, in fact I'm working pretty well digestive, breathing, pulse.   Taking .125 mcg and I weight about 143.
I'm using Levothyroxine, the generic.... doctor forgot to write dispense as written.
No response from the hospital when I called and mentioned the 99.9 degree reading, my highest.   Then again
low fevers are fairly common after surgery.    Paul in NY State
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
168348_tn?1379360675
I'm not a Dr., but it is common after surgery most likely .. anything over 101 is probably the # stated on your discharge papers but you can call your Dr to confirm.  This has been very stressful on your entire body .. it usually is a recovery response in a sense.

Cheryl
Blank
455126_tn?1212435798
Please dont be stubborn - please take the tylenol.  

Your body is very busy healing, so give it a little help and lower your temperature the tylenol way, so your body doesnt have to fight the fever and can concentrate and healing you!

Blank
362809_tn?1233510154
Though I certainly understand the stubborn thing, I agree you should go ahead and take the Tylenol.  I not only will help the fever, but will help any swelling you might have as well.  I'm getting ready to take my own advice.  I had surgery on the 18th for recurrent cancer and have a second scar right over my first one.  Mine's a bit swollen today, so I'm off to take Tylenol myself.

I hope you're feeling better!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank