Thyroid Disorders Community
low iodine diet, WHAT CAN I EAT?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

low iodine diet, WHAT CAN I EAT?

I have to have I 131 in 3 weeks and am on a low iodine diet.  I don't know what I can eat, everything has sodium, but how do you know if it is iodized or not?  I found a list of foods on the internet and it says no dairy, but chips, beer and condensed soups are okay.  These are just some examples, but seemed odd to me.  HELP!  I'm hungry!
there are lots of things you can eat .Go to the thyca website and they have a cook book you can down load.

I ate lots of fresh veggies and fruit on LID.You can also get non iodized salt to cook with .I made up my own seasoned salt with this .
I alos went to the health food store to buy my chicken and other meats because they dont put the sodium in them like the regular processors do.
The thyca website also has a great list for what you can eat.
Its really not so bada nd a really healthier wasy to eat.Concentrate on what you can eat.it is quite alot .
Good luck and post here if you have more questions.
Love Venora
I have my RAI scheduled for wednesday and nobody put me on any restrictive diet.  Hope mine works!
As usual Venora has some great suggestions!  I am currently on the LID and struggling with it, however the saving grace has been the tips from THYCA and the cookbook Venora mentioned.  
Love the curry chicken and brownies recipe!!  I have also stocked up on unsalted nuts, banana chips (dried) and fresh fruit.
Good luck,
Lee
Iam a hyper thyroid patient, it's diagnoised 3 monthe ago. iam having NEONESCEZOLE 20mg - 1 tablet everday in the night after the dinner.

Please suggest me some diet, further check-up, normal problems, etc    
I am going to start on the RA end of the next month. Dr. gave me the no no list. In the list it states no Milk products. I love milk products and of course chocolate and cereal. Any alternative I can do that with those? Or what? I have already found the no iodine salt and using that.