Thyroid Disorders Community
low testosterone and getting lower while on meds

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

My husband has past history of irregular PSA(prostate).  He had his testosterone levels checked because of certain complaints.  His level was 340. They checked again and it had dropped.  They put him on Axiron and it has only continued to drop.  Currently it is total T is 115 and free T is 3.32.  He is having constant headaches,  extreme changes in emotions/moods, depression, night sweats, problems sleeping, ED.  We are baffled at what to do next.  His urologists called and scheduled appt. in a couple of days but I don't want them to just change him to another med if he needs to be checked for something else.  (It has been a very difficult time for him and us)  I have read about maybe pituitary, thyroid, and other problems that may be causing this.  Any info as what to ask the doctor would be greatly appreciated.