meds
My husband is currently taking 125mg of Synthroid..... I recently came across Sintrocid while vacationing in Mexico.  Is Sintrocid the same thing or would it be considered generic?
It is Levothyroxine which is just like Synthroid....it is made in Mexico. Is there a reason why you are asking?
It reads on the bottle:  Sintrocid (Levotiroxina Sodica).  The reason I'm asking is because they were marketing it as "Synthroid".  It is WAY LESS expensive than what he pays for his Synthroid in USA so wondered it is the same thing.  His doctor told him no generics so I'm trying to find out just what this Sintrocid is.
It is form of Levoxyl...from what I read.  Some people respond differently to levoxyl than synthroid.
Also be sure to ask your pharmacy what the cash price is versus an insurance co-pay for Synthroid.  You can print coupons from Synthroid's website that you can use when you pay the cash price. Some of the doses I've been on have been a lot cheaper that way, which really helps!