Aa
A
A
Close
migraines and hyperthyroidism
I was diagnosed with Grave's disease and hyperthyroidism 3 months ago. 3 weeks ago an ultrasound revealed 14mm nodule on the right lower lobe of the thyroid. I am undergoing a needle biopsy next week. Currently I'm being treated with Tapazole 10 mg QD and Inderal 10mg T.I.D.. I have had recurring, progressively severe headaches since last fall, about the time I started noticing changes in my left eye, and symptoms of hyperthyroidism. Yesterday I awoke with the most severe headache I have ever had. I was vomiting and was profusely diaphoretic and shakey. I went to E.R., where I received IV fluids and a mixture of Toradol, Benadryl, Phenergan and Reglan IV. It calmed my headache down and I was able to sleep it off. I was diagnosed with Migraine Headaches. I'm 49 years old and have never had migraines until my thyroid symptoms began. Is there a correlation between the two?  The doctor said I have no TSH, and my T3, T4 were very high. I'm also concerned with the thyroid nodule. Does that mean cancer? Thank you for any answers.
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources