my test results
my thyroid stimulating hormone 1:39 reference [0.34.5.66] ,thyroxine free 0.74ngdl reference[0.52-1.21. i would like to no is this normal?
Your Lab results are showing Hyperthyroidism and you should see a Doctor and ask for antibodies tests for Graves Disease to be done and also have the hyperthyroidism treated with anti-thyroid meds which will block the overproduction of thyroxin in your body.
The values are normal , the TSH is 1.39 and free T4 is in the  midle of the reference. You have perfect values.
Smilerdeb, I'm sure you have mistaken when you looked to her TSH, it is 1.39 and not 139
Just a correction: high TSH means hypo; low TSH means hyper (values out of reference range); if it was 139 was really hypo (not hyper).
The labs here in Australia say that a TSH of 1.39 is heading Hyper, especially with her ranges of   0.34.5.66

Our ranges are different here too...our TSH reference ranges are: 0.50- 4.00.
Anthing over 3.0 here is classified as Hyper and anything under 1.5 is classified as Hypo.
I wish the worlds labs were all the same, it would make things a lot easier.
sorry...meant to read................

Anthing over 3.0 here is classified as Hypo and anything under 1.5 is classified as Hyper.
Can I butt in?

My thoughts are;

The TSH is normal and the Free T4 is a little low, but not bad. 0.9 might be better, but 0.74 seems to be enough.

The average TSH for a broad population is 0.8-1.8. A small percentage fall above or below that average.

Doctors aim for 1.0 or so when they put you on medication.
They may shift your TSH up or down to get you optimized, because we are all a little different, but they usually start by getting your TSH around 1.0 and then see how you feel.

So my humble opinion is that the TSH is normal and the Free T4 is a bit low, but the TSH is normal...
AR-10, I agree, I thought that, but the reference ranges of free T4 were different  and looking at them the low range was 0.5......
About TSH , it's perfect....it's higher then 0.39 and it's higher then1 and less then 2, I would like to have that TSH one day...
Labs can be different because of the sensibility of the test used in different labs but the Units are International (mU/L) . The reference range in Australia are the same as in one of the labs I've tested my TSH, but in medical field, 1.39 for a TSH is very good, but if she didn't gave the free T4 reference ranges I would say looks low. In this cases when everything looks well but people have symptoms, I would repeat.
Because of this kind of readings I have tested my TSH in 2 different labs, with different reference ranges, and TSH was almost the same (one lab 2.5, next week  2.9), and I felt well with 2.5 and felt a little tired when I had 2.9.
People have hyperthyroidism if free T3 and free T4 are high, TSH isn't enough (case of secondary hypothyroidism), in secondary hypothyroidism people can have low TSH and low free T4....