Thyroid Disorders Community
my tsh level is 100

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

my tsh level is 100

what does that mean they say normal levels is0.5-5
If your TSH levels are 100 it means you are extremely hypothyroid.  You need to consult with an endocrinologist and if you aren't already on thyroid replacement hormone, you need to be.  The endocrinologist will probably do further testing to try to find the cause of the hypothyroidism.
I totally agree with Amelia....see a Doctor or an Endo.
Have you had your Free T3 and free T4 done too in the thyroid function test?
If so,post here as the FT4, FT3  is really the ones to go by.
You definetly need to see a doctor and find one that is on the board of thyroid...I googled and found a great doctor with 30 years experience. My TSH is 14 and I feel like I am slowly dying so I can't imagine how you feel. yes, a good range is from .5-2 and some can go to 3 or 4 but once you get to 5 or 6 your hypithyroid. When yous thyroid isn't functioning at its best your pituatary gland releasing TSH to stimulate the thyroid, so if your elevated that high then your thyroid is not functioning good or at all. Try Armour thryoid, Ive been on it for abou t6 weeks, still playing with the dosage but I am slowly feeling better. find a doc who will listen to you. Don't know what area you live in, but like said, I googled and found a site where theylisted the best thyroid doctors in the country....thryoid is tricky, you need a doctor who will listen to you. amy
When I first found out that I had hypothyroidism my TSH was over 100 also.  How do you feel?  
My first TSH was 55.4 and I know how rotten I felt - I can only imagine what you would feet with it at 100.  My FT4 was only 0.08.  Definitely see your dr and get treatment.  
I feel No difference at a level of 100 in-spite being a diabetic. Can i simply know the causes of this level, as i am unable to find any by google. An the consequences of these level

Thanks.

Most likely, your TSH is going high because it's trying to get your thyroid to produce more hormones and apparently, your thyroid is not responding.  

Have you had any other tests done besides TSH?  What about FT3 and FT4?  These are the actual thyroid hormones and give a much better picture of the whole situation than TSH does.  If you have results for FT3 and FT4, please post them, along with the reference ranges, as these vary from lab to lab, so must come from your own lab report.

That will help members comment more fully on your specific situation.
I have just been diagnosed with tsh more than 100..
Have you had Free T3 and Free T4, also?  Please post results and reference ranges, if you have them.

Has your doctor started you on thyroid medication?  Do you know if you have Hashimoto's?
hmmm...I'm on thyrox 100 mg. but recently I couldnt take meds for awhile for some unavoidable circumstances and my tsh has reached 267. my t3 t4 are 56.7 and 3.5 resp. dont know abt hashimoto.
and ya, Thank you for your help.. :)
Are the T3 and T4, free or total?  What are the reference ranges for them both?  Ranges vary lab to lab and have to come from your own report.

You should get antibodies checked to confirm/rule out Hashimoto's.