Thyroid Disorders Community
need to know

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

need to know

I've got a under active thiorod will like no know will there be any problems with me getting pregnant? Trying to loose some weight planning to leave my pill 1December.
You want to make sure your thyroid condition is stable and your meds are adjusted properly before you conceive.  Low thyroid hormone levels, especially in the first trimester, can impact your baby's development and can contribute to miscarriage.

Your doctor should monitor you closely during your pregnancy to be sure hormone levels are adequate.  Pregnancy and childbirth can wreak havoc with healthy thyroids, so it's important to start out with your condition under control.
I had a over actice thiroid i had the radiation. Some kind of pill I had to take. Anyway i got pregnant with our baby girl. After her birth I went to check my thiriod counting and the doctor said that the radiaton took to many of my thiriod away and it had no fuction at all. Thats why I need to drink Eltroxin.

I'm on a healthy diet now tryling loose some weight before conceiving.
Thank you so much for your info.
You want to make sure that your doctor is testing your FREE T3 and FREE T4 as well as your TSH.  Pregnancy often causes the need for meds adjustments.  While pregnant, your FT3 and FT4 might have to be higher than they normally are.  You should also be tested prior to getting pregnant.

Do you have a hard time losing weight?  Do you have any other hypos symptoms...constipation, fatigue, intolerance to cold, etc?
As soon as I start using a diet pill  I loose to many weight in a short time, Doctor said it not healthy. So now I'm struggling to get the weight off. I don't have any other problems. But if you've got any tips for me to loose that extra kilo without harming my self I'm in.
I really want this and I feel that we waited so long after our daughter birth she's seven , that if there's any complications
I'll go insane.
Well, we don't want you to do that (go insane).

If your FT3 and FT4 are adjusted properly for you, you should be able to lose weight.  It still takes effort, but you should get results.  

Do you have any other hypo symptoms?  Do you have recent labs to post?  If so, please include reference ranges as they vary lab to lab.  
No lab results yet I'll post as soon as I go.
Thank you so much for all your help so far.