new lab results with cytomel
Ok after 3 months on 10mcg cytomel and 100 synthroid results are as follows
TSH   0.015               prior to cytomel  0.460        range 0.450-4.500
free T3  2.6                 ""         ""          1.8             "       2.0-4.4
T3 uptake  32             ""          ""          34               ""     24-39
Free T 4   1.42           '''''          '''''         1.31             ''''    0.93-1.71

I feel okay just was wondering about the TSH seems almost non existing.  I am going to the doctor in two weeks wonder what he is going to change????
Have read a few articles about Cytomel.  I was very impressed.  But what I read was to add Cytomel in 10mg. 2 or 3 times a day and a a lower Sythroid. Doctors do not want to use alternative solutions.
Do you have thyroid symptoms, hypo or hyper?  Has the three months on Cytomel relieved any symptoms that you had before starting it?

Your TSH is low, but TSH can be affected by any number of things in the pituitary/hypothalmus/thyroid circle.  Your FT4 is almost up into the top third of the range, but your FT3 is still in the bottom third of the range, although it has come up significantly.

Tell us which, if any, symptoms you have.  Thanks.  
I actually feel fine all symptoms are gone.  I did take these labs fasting maybe some of the T3 was out of my system.  Doc said he is fine tuning me, I will see on October 7th what he says.
Before cytomel I was tired , brain fog, joint pain. Cytomel gave me no palputaions..nothing..Guess time will tell
Your TSH is quite low, but if you are not having hyper symptoms, then in my opinion you are not hyper.  Many of us have to have TSH suppressed to very low levels before getting rid of all our hypo symptoms.  I think your labs are fine (except TSH), but your TSH doesn't bother me a bit.  Hopefully, your doctor will agree and will keep your meds the same and continue to monitor regularly.  Symptoms are what's really important, and if you're feeling well, why rock the boat?  
It is very normal for your TSH to be very supressed with T3 meds, and your dr needs to be focused on your Free's and not your TSH which is pituitary function.
Anyone on meds with T3 in it will have a supressed TSH per my endo.
Are you on cytomel or the generic cytomel?  just wondering.  some people are saying that the generic is not working for them.  so they went back on regular brand name cytomel.  thanks for the input.
I am on the generic and its working just great. I feel better than I ever have
I started 5 Cytomel last month. I tried 10, but it was just too much. My FT3 levels are high enough. I am glad I gave Cytomel a chance. It gave me a nice boost. I would not recommend changing anything if you feel great. That's what's important, not the TSH, as Laura said, which is a pituitary hormone.

Listen to your body!

:) Tamra
You have to start slow, my doc gave me 5 then after 2 weeks added another 5 after another 2 weeks added another 5. I have to go back January 6th to see what my levels are. I will see if it has to be increased or kept the same.  But I take one in the am with my synthroid then another at 1pm and another at 4 pm. this way its spread out throughout the day.
So is everyone here on the generic?  I just am not feeling it!   my FT3 was 280 after being on synthroid for 1 1/2 months it was 230.  but he said it should of been higher because my FT4 responded well to synthroid and raised it to 1.8.  so that is why he put me on cytomel.  but 2 1/2 weeks later and no change.  at least w/ fatigue.  i am now taking the full 25mcg's 1/2 in am and the other 1/2 around 1:00.  so i thought if there was a difference I would switch to Brand.  
I am not on generic. I am on name brand Cytomel. The same makers of the Levo generic make the T3 generic, so my Dr and I decided to stay with the Cytomel.
I am now at 20 mcg, if and when I get upped to the 25mcg, he mentioned having it compouned into a time release form so it is at a constant level in my bloodstream.  :)
Try going back to cytomel and see how you feel.
I think I am done with Cytomel. I am just one of those lucky people whose bodies convert T4 to T3 pretty well. At my last appointment, my FT3 levels were in the upper third before we added the 5 Cytomel. I've given Cytomel a chance for almost a month. I'm just not sleeping enough at night anymore.

:) Tamra