Thyroid Disorders Community
new meds for my hypthyroidism

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

new meds for my hypthyroidism

sTo whomever may be interseted: I went to my doctors today and these are the changes in medications and tests that were run. Just thought it may be interesting or helpful for others. I am praying these new meds will bring about a dramatic change in improving the way I feel!! Feel free to comment!

Dr. McMinn

*Dr. McMinn prescribed me a compounded T3 and Cortef, Ambien CR, and the pill for the heavy metals take home test.
*I also got 12 vials of blood drawn to do a WIDE ARRAY of tests: Spectracell, MBV, Lyme disease, and various liver labs.
*Spectracell is a test that measures levels of selected vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other essential micronutrients within your white blood cells. This test will give the doctor and patient a more precise measure of which specific vitamins and minerals etc that need to be supplemented.
*I've also received take home tests to test the strength of my immune system and a urine test to detect heavy metals. Presence of heavy metals can really fatigue you apparently.
*I am also going to begin taking Transfer Factor Plasmyc for the next 6 months to rid myself of the EBV (epstein bar virus a.k.a. “mono-virus”) that I have.
*Due to a high reverse T3 test, I am going to discontinue taking levoxyl and begin taking my compounded T3 (7.5 mcg- two pills- twice per day-12 hrs apart). I will monitor my temperatures and the way I feel and check in with my doctor every week so we can decide how much we need to titrate up.
*I will also begin taking Cortef twice a day- 10mg in the morning and 5 mg at noon. I am taking the Cortef to increase my cortisol levels. My saliva test results were:

6:00 to 8:00 a.m. 6 Depressed 13-24 nM
11:00 to Noon 10 Normal                   5-10nM
4:00 to 5:00 p.m. 3 Normal                   3-8 nM
10:00 to Midnight 7 Elevated                   1-4 nM
DHEA                1 Depressed 3-10 ng/ml

*Due to my liver tenderness and an elevated bilirubin level, I am going to get a liver ultrasound.
*I am also getting a thyroid ultrasound because of nodules that were discovered on my left lobe when I was 16, and also because my last scan showed I had no right lobe. I’ll have these scans done Monday,October 26, 2009.

Dr. Murphree

*I am going to continue taking Adrenal Cortex, CFS/Fibro Pack.
*I am going to increase my Probiotics/Acidophilus to 3 per day because I have 6 strains of moderate to abundant bacterial infections in my stomach: Staphylococcus spp.(moderate), Staphylococcus aureus(moderate), Enterococcus species (abundant), Alpha Hemolytic Streptococcus(abundant), Gamma Hemolytic Streptococcus(abundant), and Cornybacterium species(moderate).
*I am also going to take DHEA (25 mg) bc my levels were low (1 when the range was 3-10ng/ml) and it is   supposed to be the most potent anti viral there is.
*I am also going to take Digestive Enzymes to make sure I am taking in all the nutrients and vitamins I   need to and to improve digestion.

----I've been doing all of this for a week so far and still haven't seen much improvement. I hope to see more soon.

---Has anyone else ever found this many bacterial strains in their stool test?
---Has anyone ever taken the transfer factor plasmyc or colostrum for their EBV?
---Has anyone else ever had the Spectracell blood tests run on them and had any interesting results?

Thanks...hope to have some good comments!
I've had the SprectraCell test done and am waiting for the results.