Thyroid Disorders Community
night sweats

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

night sweats

are night sweats a side effect of levothyroxine?
Its a known symptom of  still adjusting to a new thyroid med, or dose, or thyroid levels too high or too low.

If this did not happen before on levothyroxine, I would suggest getting free T3 and T4 tested. Not just tsh.
It can be an issue. Hows your sugar counts?
It happened to me when I went through another thyroiditis attack. My whole body went out of whack. My gyno blamed my thyroid, I'm on progesterone cream. My endo looked for infection and said the progesterone cream can increase the efficiency of the thyroid.

What a mess!

Of course, starting LT4 or increasing a dose can cause night sweats too.
I had them really badly before I was dx'd hypo/Hashi; my pcp (at the time) blamed it on menopause, but I finally got him to admit that menopause doesn't last for 14 yrs (had a hysterectomy), but he didn't know what caused them.  He finally said I would just have to "learn to live with it".  

Once I was dx'd hypo and put on med, I noticed that the sweats got fewer and less severe as my levels go better.  Now, I have night sweats when my levels are off, but usually only once or twice/night as opposed to 5-6 times/night I used to get them.  
just seen your post of aug 2010
You are down to two sweats a night and are cheerful about it? You are a brave soul and I must tell myself to stop complaining about my one or two. I have to pee each time and I don't which triggers the other.. The only thyroid-aware endo I have found does not think my sweats are from Levo. I dropped the pills for 100 days earlier this year and still had them. I tiried all doses from 150 down to zero. there was little difference in my tests made each six weeks or so and the nausea, gut anxiety, dizzies, malaise etc went on and on undistrubed. They must come from the six meds I have to take for CAD
Yeah, I was happy to get down to one/two sweats/night. Prior to being dx'd hypo/Hashi's, it wasn't unusual for me to have to get up and change clothes and/or my bedding in the middle of the night, due to sweating.

I don't think your sweats are from the levo either.  If they are thyroid related, they are most likely because your levels are off.  

This is an old thread; do you have current labs, with reference ranges, that you could post?