not yet diagnosed
Pretty sure I'm hypothyroid. 6.0 TSH, burning eyes, lethargic, overnight new acne. Free T4 above the lowest limit of normal though. Anyone want to share their first symptoms and experiences? Anyone else have a Free T$ in the normal range?

Phoebe01
Just because a thyroid test result is somewhere within the reference range does not mean that it is adequate for YOU.  The ranges are far too broad, and patients' needs are also different.  I suffered with hypo symptoms for years because my doctors had the "Immaculate TSH Belief" and only used TSH to diagnose and medicate patients.  Since my TSH was just within the high end of the so-called "normal" range, I got no meds.  

Finally I persisted in telling the doctor about hypo symptoms until I got a trial dosage of Synthroid.  I eventually was taking 200 mcg daily, my T4 tests were all "normal", but I had lingering hypo symptoms for well over 25 years.  I learned about the importance of Free T3 here on the Forum and got mine tested and confirmed as low in the "normal" range.  Got my doctor to switch me to Armour Thyroid (T4 and T3), and after some tweaking, I feel best ever.  

I won't drag you through the explanation of why the ranges are too broad, but suffice to say that members frequently report that symptom relief for them required that Free T3 was adjusted into the upper third of its range and Free T4 adjusted to around the midpoint of its range.  

A good thyroid doctor will treat a hypo patient clinically by testing and adjusting Free T3 and Free T4 as necessary to relieve symptoms, without being constrained by resultant TSH levels.  Symptom relief should be all important not just test results.

This is a good link about clinical treatment.  It is a letter written by a good thyroid doctor for patients that he sometimes consults with from a distance.  The letter is sent to the PCP of the patient to help guide treatment.  

http://hormonerestoration.com/files/ThyroidPMD.pdf

You need to request testing for Free T3, along with the Free T4 and TSH.  If the doctor resists, then you should insist on it and don't take no for  an answer.  While there you also need to find out if the doctor is willing to treat you clinically, as described above.  If not, then you are going to have to find a good thyroid doctor that will do so.