Thyroid Disorders Community
over stimulation with medication

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

over stimulation with medication

I started 50 mcg daily of levothyroxine a few weeks ago for Hashimoto's.  However, my TSH and antibodies are just slightly high, nothing like the highs I have read about.  I don't know if this is a coincidence, but I have been experiencing things that seem to be more related to that medication than the known side effects of the Dostinex I take for pituitary tumor.  I seem dehydrated, frequent diarreha (a few times I have lost control and gone on myself), faster heart rate, etc.  For the past 2 days I have taken only 1/2 of a pill and haven't had any bowel movements, much less the diarreha.  

Is it possible that I have too high of a dosage and that the 1/2 pill is working better for me?  
With those symptoms, I would definitely call the doc and get a blood test.  The medication could be too high and could have sent you hyper.  Those are symptoms of hyper.
Thanks!  I am scheduled for another round of blood tests in about 2 weeks.  I figured I'd keep it at the 1/2 a pill daily until then and see what the tests have to say. :-P  Maybe not brilliant, but I haven't felt well with the levothyroxine and dostinex for weeks.  The last 2 days I have felt great with the 1/2 pill amount.  

Silly question... I had blood drawn this morning for creatinine and cortisol test.  My arm at the draw site is swollen and hurts really bad... I have never had that before with blood tests.  Should I be worried?