Thyroid Disorders Community
pain in the armpit

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

pain in the armpit

Sometimes I have sharp pains in my armpit....is this the lymph nodes.....should I be concerned with this....especially in relationship to the problems Iam already having with my thyroid....I guess what Iam asking is, are the thyroid and lymph nodes all connected
Hashis, I get some pain in my armpits. I would have your doc check them out for sure. Anything like that I would for sure. I have had that off and on. Especially if they don't' go away in a week.
I've both grave's & hashi's. Whenever I got angry and hopeless, and I get pain in my left armpit.I had that last night, it was so bad I had to hang up to w/sling around my neck.
I am having this too.  Only been this week, off and on.  I keep checking to see if I am having the breast tenderness (I usually do when I am about 2 weeks before starting) but, I have not started and showing no breast tenderness which is really wierd!  I have had that constantly for 2 years.  Don't know why I haven't started.  It should have been here by now.  I had a tubal recently so I am sure not prego - but....

Anyway - I have this strange new thing too.  I am medicated, hashi, with normal blood (neg. antibodies).  

Think its related?  How odd.
I also get pain in one armpit in general.  It also itches and the pain radiates to the back of the arm.  I don't know what it is either, but would really like to know if it's associated with Hashi's or not.  Very strange.
I am so glad to hear I am not alone either. I am on my cycle right now. I wonder If this is related???? Or is it from the hashi's?????
I have Hashi's and I have had a pain in the armpit on one side once or twice within the last two months, although my Endo is still adjusting dosage of Synth. Med. I had read that (Only an Opinion) that when your thyroid is inflamed (Enlarged) that it in turn causes inflamation (inflammation) to other glands. I have also experienced pain in the glands under the chin on each side of the neck at the same time I had the light pain in the armpit, I am so glad I started reading this forum, I was going through misery with muscle aches and cramps, I read that some Hashi's took Vitamin D and Magnesium, I started taking them three days ago and I have marked improvement already, I still have the stiff and sore neck but it is not as bad as it was. Thanks Again!
Wow.  Thanks for sharing that.  Both sides under the chin on my neck has been in pain and also just starting in the armpits.
Still waiting on more results.  I have most hypo symptoms, constant migraine, neck pain as described and pain in middle lower neck, and the armpit pain.
Out of speculation, does anyone think I have Hashi's?  The suspense is killing me waiting for the results.
I also had mono about 4 years ago.
Under my chin gives me trouble too.  I have a swollen submental gland.  I also have been diagnosed with hashi with normal blood.  I have negative antibodies.  I have an enlarged thyroid, mostly on right and it has a non-smooth texture.  This is what makes it hashi for me, not the antibodies.  I take 60 mcg (1 grain) Armour Thyroid.  Like I said, I also have the armpit stuff for the last week or so and I feel horrible most of the time.  I had gained weight at first (like somewhere between 10-20 lbs) but it has held off and been steady until now.  Now I am eating salads and gaining still!