pain in thyroid
HI,
for the past several days i have a severe pain in my thyroid region, it is slightly swollen. i have been taking tylenol avery four hours. I take synthroid 50 mcg daily since november for hashimoto.my last tsh, t4 was normal range, (but lower than my average range)

if this pain dont go away i may go to the er it hurts when i swallow, move my neck. etc
has anyone else ever have this?

ps i know i have 3 nodules i dont know if thats related

thank you
camille
Yes, it's common to have thyroid pain with Hashimoto's.  It could be caused by swollen lymph nodes, or the antibodies attacking the thyroid.  The pain you mention sounds much worse than a dull ache, so it might be wise to have it looked at.  I'm sorry and I hope you feel better soon.
thank you for answering me. i will call my doctor today. the pain was so bad that
i over reacted to a home situation where i normally would not.
camille
I have the same problem.  I've been to the endo twice and he said it had nothing to do with my thyroid, even though I have Hashimoto's. My GP doesn't think my pain has anything to do with it either, but they haven't given me an anwser either.  The pain comes and goes along with enlarging of my thyroid and then the pain usually goes away in about a week or two and returns to the size it was before.  Nothing makes it feel better and I'm always on the verge of crying and feel real crappy in general. I've had my nodgles test and they're fine. All my labs are fine. Please let me know if you find anything out.  
I'm experiencing this now and also have Hashimoto's.  I wonder though, has anyone fogured out if it is only certain times of the month?  Mine comes and goes....some months worse than others......I wonder if it's a certain hormone that is affecting the thyroid and in turn, inflamming it??
It is probably your immune system fighting it, you need your thyroglobulin and peroxidase antibodies checked.
I had this issue when i moved up on thyroid too fast.  It could be that you jumped in at too high of a dose, maybe talk to your doctor about lowering and then gradually increasing.  It could also be that perhaps the synthroid or whatever you are taking is not the right medication for you.  Perhaps Armour or naturethroid may be the proper route for you.  Mine was so bad on synthroid that i made an emergency trip to my ENT thinking i had something major going on.  Turned out it was just a response to the thryoid i was taking.  Once i switched to naturethroid the pain went away.  I was also scheduled to have the thryoid removed because the pain was so bad and i cancelled the surgery.  It feels like you have a neck-tie around your neck.
I have the pain too. For the first time today it's pain and not just discomfort. I have hashimotos as well. I have no clue what to do and also want to cry as one said.
I'm on armor. Pretty high dose. 195 mg. doc had me try 240 and I thought I was going to die from a heart attack