palpations
MY DR. RAISED MY THROID MEDICATION AND NOW AFTER 3 MONTHS I'M HAVING PALPATIONS. SHE LOWERED THE DOSE. HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR THESE PALPATIONS TO STOP? THEY HAVE BEEN CONSTANT FOR 3 OR 4 DAYS .
I went through thyroid storm in February.  It took about 6 weeks for the lower dose to settle my heart (and especially blood pressure) down.  I was put on Beta Blockers.  If it keeps up, do not hesitate to go to the emergency room and/or call your doctor's emergency number.

Have you checked your blood pressure?
THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY TO MY QUESTION. I CHECKED MY BLOOD PRESSURE JUST NOW AND IT WAS 141/76 AND PULSE WAS 63. I'M 57 YEARS OLD. I THINK THIS IS PROBABLY NORMAL. I NEVER THOUGHT TO CHECK MY PRESSURE THESE PAST FEW DAYS. I'VE BEEN TAKING SYNTHROID FOR ABOUT 15 YEARS. THEY'VE UPPED AND LOWERED MY DOSEAGE DURING THIS TIME. NEVER HAD THIS BAD A REACTION BEFORE! IT WOULD FLUTTER OFF AND ON A FEW TIMES A DAY, BUT THIS TIME IT DOES IT ALL DAY AND NIGHT AND NEVER LETS UP. MAKES ME TIRED AND SLUGGISH. GETTING ON MY NERVES! IT'S NOT AS BAD SO FAR THIS MORNING. IF IT'S STILL DOING IT TOMORROW, I'M GOING TO CALL MY DR. I WAS GETTINH SCARED, THOUGHT I WAS HAVING A HEART ATTACK! NEVER HEARD OF THROID STORM TILL I GOT ON THIS SITE. HELPS TO TALK TO SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT I'M GOING THROUGH. THANKS AGAIN, GAIL
No problem Gail.  My symptoms were crushing chest pain, pain in my arm, shortness of breath and palpitations.  That's what sent me to the ER.  After that I bought a BP monitor (my BP was really high at the ER) and found it was correlating with my palpitations.  The beta blockers helped.  My BP and heart are back to normal now but it took, like I said, about 6 weeks.  Call the doctor and HANG IN THERE!
I WENT TO THE DR. TODAY. SHE SAID SHE WAS SORRY SHE MESSED MY THROID UP. THEY CHECKED MY HEART. SHE SAID THAT WAS PART OF MY PROBLEM ALSO. THEY GAVE ME BETA BLOCKERS TOO. SHE SAID THAT WOULD HELP WITH MY PALPITATIONS. GOTTA GO BACK WED. AT 2:30. THOSE PALPITATIONS WERE DRIVING ME NUTS, WELL STILL ARE! HOPE I NEVER HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS AGAIN. HERE I'M WHINNING AND YOU SUFFERED FOR 6 WEEKS.!! GLAD YOU'RE DOING BETTER ALSO. NEVER KNEW YOUR THROID COULD CAUSE SO MANY PROBLEMS. I'LL LET YOU KNOW WHAT I FIND OUT WED.
WENT BACK TO THE DR. YESTERDAY. SHE SAID MY THROID WAS NORMAL!! I DIDN'T TAKE ANY THROID MEDS FOR 2 OR THREE DAYS BEFORE SHE DID THE BLOOD WORK. DON'T KNOW IF THAT BROUGHT IT DOWN OR IF THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY HEART. I HAVE TO HAVE A STRESS TEST AND ECHOGRAM THE 26TH. OF NOV., IF I DON'T DIE BEFORE A MONTHS TIME!! SHE DID BLOOD WORK FOR POTASIUM, MAGNESIUM AND ELECTALIGHTS. MY SPELLING ISN'T TOO GOOD! I WAS SUPPOSED TO CALL HER BACK TODAY TO GET THE RESULTS, BUT FORGOT TO.
I am so glad you are feeling better and you have a great doctor!  I only read your posting now and really feel for you .. how scary!

C~
THANKS FOR THE REPLY. YEAH, IT'S SCARY! THE ATENOLOL THEY GAVE ME HAS HELPED A LOT. THEY TOLD ME TO TAKE TWO A DAY BECAUSE THE PALPITATIONS WASN'T ALL THE WAY GONE. GOTTA CALL TODAY AND SEE WHAT THE RESULTS ARE FOR MY BLOOD TESTS. WHAT PROBLEMS ARE YOU HAVING?