pathology
2 nodules were found on my thyroid and after FNB the pathology came back with a 75% chance of malignancy.
I had a total thyroidectomy done on Thursday morning and the pathologist reviewed the nodulos during surgery diagnosing it as benign.My surgeon told me that the final pathology should be coming within 3 days more.Is there still a risk of malignancy even though the pathologist didn't find any cancer during surgery??
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
168348 tn?1379360675
Yes, there is a small chance and/or it can show up elsewhere in the glands that were removed aside from what was frozen biopsied.  It's good to keep that in the back of your mind but all will probably be ok, yet I'm not a doctor of course.

My main nodules were atypical FNA, frozen path was benign and final path was 100% benign.  But, elsewhere in the gland they found 2 small tumors which were papillary micro's ... so I got the great news right after surgery and then got the other news 3 days later but I'm 100% healthy and doing fine.

Good question to ask .. you have to keep in mind they only test one small section while you are in surgery and the final is fine toothed the entire specimen.

C~
partial 1/07

WELCOME!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources