postpartum thyroid
Doctor,

I had my thyroid test done. My levels are as mentioned below:

T3      133.75 ng/dl
T4      8.20 ug/dl
TSH   10.97 mlU/ml

My T3 and T4 are in normal range, but iam concerned about my TSH. What does this indicate?

Iam undergoing treatment for postpartum thyroidities since 3rd Dec 2009. Where my Endocrinologist has administed me 100 mg of Eltroxin.
This is the members' forum.  If you want your question answered by a doctor, go to the top of the page under "experts" and post your question on the thyroid forum there.

Unfortunately, your doctor is not ordering the correct tests.  T3 and T4 (also known as total T3, or TT3, and total T4, or TT4) are considered obsolete tests.  They have been replaced by free T3 and free T4, since these are much more indicative of true thyroud status than totals.

Your TSH is quite high.  The currently accepted reference range for TSH is 0.3-3.0, so yours is indicating that you are quite hypo.  However, FT3 and FT4 are much more important than TSH, and you should request these.  Do you have hypo symptoms?