pregnant with slightly high T4 and low TSH
I have been on levothyroxin, 50 mcg, since 2005.  I am now pregnant and had my TSH and Free T4 tested.  At 5 weeks pregnant free T4 was 19.0 (normal values 10.0 - 20.0 pmol/L) and TSH was 1.276 (normal values 0.450 - 4.500 mIU/L).  At 9 weeks pregnant, T4 increased to 20.2 and TSH decreased to 0.024 - both beyond the normal levels.  My doctor did not adjust my medication and wants to wait one more month for another blood test.  Her reason is that because I've been on 50 mcg for quite sometime already.  I'm concerned that my T4 will continue to rise and TSH will continue to decrease while waiting for the one month period, and that this might harm my baby's development.  I understand that the levels are important in the development of my baby.  Is my doctor's advise correct, or should I just decrease my medication?  I'm also confused as it seems I'm shifting from being hypothyroid to hyperthyroid.
I do not have experience in your area of ? but wanted to say Hello & Welcome!

Cheryl