pretibial myxedema (with graves)
Ok since all I have been doing is googling everything since my test results got me no where I read about pretibial myxedema.

Anyone had this ? Can this just be swelling in front if the shins ?
I've had this swelling for months on the left leg but it starts at the bend where my foot meets my leg /ankle then there is a hump from there for about 2-1/2 -3 in up my shin area -wish I could post a pic with this iPhone.I don't have pitting and its not severe but I've definitely wondered about it for months  no redness.

Like I posted in my other posts I went from hyper in 2009 to sub-clinical half m hair fell out and tons of symptoms the endo said I shouldn't have had like half my hair falling out since I was only sun-clinical.You could see my scalp I had to wear hats it was so embarrassing.

Now not been in any meds but I didn't go back because the endo just acted like I was crazy and didn't take what I said seriously she wanted me to come back every 6 weeks or so but I didn't.

So I finally broke down went to the after hours dr (had to get a new dr first appt 30th) they did
TSH 1.25
Freet4 1.18

And various other non thyroid related tests only thing came back was elevated liver enzyme (not very high)

So in the 30th I'm faking for new tests freet3 ,antibodies, cortisol ,adrenal tests etc.. I want to know what's wrong why don't I have energy I use to run 9 miles 6 days a week now I can barely get out of bed. Some days are better than others
Or with hashimotos ?
Also does with cause ringing in ears? I've been feeling like I've been to a Rock concert for the past 2 weeks right now its horrible I can't sleep
I developed pretibal myxedema during a Hashitoxicosis flare up (i have Hashimoto's thyroiditis).  If you have swelling on the lower leg area it is a possibility you have pretibal myxedema. The presentation of this condition does vary as you can see from the online images.

My pretibal myxedema was a pink/red, lumpy (looked like orange peel), shiny area about 10 cm long x 5 cm wide on the front of my left shin.  It was itchy sometimes and when i pressed on this area the skin turned white.  This condition has finally cleared up but took almost a year to do so.

I have both hypo and hyper symptoms at the same time. Tinnitus, elevated liver enzymes and fatigue are three of the many symptoms of a thyroid imbalance.  One of my first symptoms of a hyperthyroid flare up is splinter haemorrages on my fingernails and toenails.