Thyroid Disorders Community
result of my tsh

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

result of my tsh

the result of my TSH(ECLIA) is 2.170 ulU/ml..was it normal or okay?tnx
TSH is a screening tool at best.  The question really isn't what the number says.  The REAL question is how do you feel?  What symptoms do you have?  what made you get your TSH tested to begin with?

But for a point of reference the AACE recommended reference range for TSH is 0.3 to 3.0.  Some labs (most) have not adopted the AACE recommended range and the top will go to 4 or even 6.  Solely based upon your TSH it would indicate that you are within the "normal" range.  However many people can feel poorly at virtually any TSH range.

To really know your true thyroid health you really need to get your Free T4 and Free T3 hormone levels checked.  But if you are not having any symptoms and this was a routine screening check you may be just fine.

thanks for answering my question,,i really appreciate it much,,i dont hve any symtoms (symptoms) regarding with it.i had my tsh test because my dr. request it for me since lately i had my prsonal check up with her because of wanting/trying to conceived a baby..so i hope this wl help me much..tnx again.