Thyroid Disorders Community
sinuses and thyroid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

sinuses and thyroid

can your thyroid cause serious sinus problems too?
Oh yes!! Thyroid problems really affect the sinus's. Before I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, I would get a sinus infection, go straight to bronchitis, and last for 6 weeks.

It is horrible. I believe I read it is because Thyroid has to do with the immune system, also has to do with weak adrenals. I have been taking 3000 mg of vit c a day and have not had any problems since taking that.
well, guess what, I spoke to soon, I woke up with a severe sinus infection this morning.

How about that? after saying I had not had any problems in a while, up pops one.!
I noticed when I was severely hypothyroid for RAI I had such huge issues with my sinuses and alergies (allergies).  No doctor I went to seemed to think that the conditions were related.  When I went on replacement hormome after the TT and RAI, my sinuses were much better.  I even had a huge lessening of my seasonal allergies and was able to breathe through my nose at night!
Interesting. I have had sinus infections for about 2 year now, off and on. I started getting that constant headache when I started on Armour... I thought it was associated with that, and finally after a month of this constant headache I went to the Dr. She said my sinus were so swollen and infected! She even said the lymph nodes in my neck were enlarged too! I should have known it wasn't the Armour!