Thyroid Disorders Community
solid cysts in throid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

solid cysts in throid

i was diagnosed with multinodular thyroid. some solid nodules, some cycts and a septated cysts. i was always under the impression that solid is cancerous, it doesn't hurt but found while showering.  an ultra sound gave the determinations. my thyroid is slightly enlarged.  can you give me an explannation of solid, cysts and septated and the probablity of malignancy.

thanks
Septated cyst means it is subdivided into the smaller blisters with fluid 9cluster of smaller cysts common form of ovarian cysts, have not heard of these in the thyroid; the solid isoechoic nodule has 5 to 10 % chance of been malignant, most cysts are usually benign, among the hypoechoic nodules and complex cysts about 20 % are malignant.