Thyroid Disorders Community
stoping medication

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

stoping medication

I'm on 50mcg of levo for the last 3 months, happen that my hypo was because I'm celiac, what happen to me if I stop the levo med now?
If you still need the thyroid medication, then stopping will cause you to become hypothyroid, with associated hypo symptoms.  What makes you think that your hypothyroidism was because of Celiac Disease?  Have you been previously tested for the thyroid antibodies, TPO ab and TG ab, and found to have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis?  

Are you now gluten free?  Have you been tested for the thyroid antibodies since going gluten free?  

Please post your thyroid related test results and their reference ranges shown on the lab report, so that members can assess your levels.

Sorry for all the questions, but we really need to know more in order to try and give you the best possible response.
While I was on a regular diet my TSH and free T4 levels were as hypo, as soon as I started my celiac diet the number started to change :
before TSH 14.8 now 13.02
before FT4  6.6  now  6.9
The doctor wanted me to increase my dosage to 75mcg per day but I stood at 50mcg. did not change to the new increment. my ferritin level have moved up to 11 from 8, I inclined to beleive that there is a good chance the that is the reason. Today I will be getting more of my blood test since may this year and will post the results.
There is enough variability involved in thyroid testing, especially for TSH, that I wouldn't want to conclude yet that your celiac diet was responsible for the changes in test results that you show above.  Give it some time and continue to monitor and see what happens.  
Thank you Gimel I will keep you posted for the next 3 months as my blood test results come in i will post them for you to see and I will consider your advise to keep monitoring very closely what happen.
When you do go back for tests, I suggest that you should request tests for Free T3 and free T4, along with the TSH.  Free T3 is the most important because it largely regulates metabolism and many other body functions.  Scientific studies have also shown that Free T3 correlated best with hypo symptoms, while Free T4 and TSH did not correlate at all.

Since hypothyroid patients are frequently deficient in other areas as well, I also suggest tests for Vitamin D, B12 and ferritin.  

When test results are available, please get a copy of the lab report and post test results and their reference ranges shown on the report.  That will help us better assess your status.  
I have been dropped from 100mcg to 75mcg now to 50mcg levothyroxine because of hypothyroidism, but I feel murderous! I am so moody, Victor Meldrew-ish, either that or in tears and thinking life isn't worth living. What the hell is going on and when will it stop?
Sounds like your doc tor has the "Immaculate TSH Belief", by which he erroneously thinks that he can medicate you based on TSH alone.  That obviously doesn't work for you and most hypo patients.  TSH is a pituitary hormone that is affected by so many variables that it is totally inadequate as the diagnostic by which to medicate a hypo patient.  At best TSH is an indicator to be considered along with more important indicators such as symptoms, and also levels of the biologically active thyroid hormones, Free T3 and Free T4 (not the same as Total T3 and T4).

Many hypo patients find that their TSH becomes suppressed when taking thyroid meds.  this does not mean that you have become hyper, unless you also have hyper symptoms due to excessive levels of Free T3 and Free T4.

A good thyroid doctor will treat a hypo patient clinically by testing and adjusting Free T3 and Free T4 as necessary to relieve symptoms, without being constrained by resultant TSH levels.  Symptom relief should be all important not just test results, and especially not just TSH.

If you will please post your thyroid related tests and reference ranges shown on the lab report, members will be glad to assess the adequacy of your testing and treatment and advise further.