strangulation feeling
Hi,  please help me.  I have been diagnosed with an under-active thryroid.  I was put onto 200mg of Elstroxin 5 months ago.  In the last month, I have this constant feeling in the base of my throat that I am being strangled.  It is so uncomfortable.  Is there a problem with my medication?

Regards
Jenny
That is most likely a goiter pressing on your neck. Have you had a thyroid ultrasound?

I have a goiter due to Hashimoto's Disease, which causes me to go hypo (under-active). Have you had your Hashimoto's antibody tests? TGab and TPOab blood tests?

BTW- I take Selenium once a day which helps the pressure feeling. I have antibodies causing my goiter. Selenium might not help if you don't have antibodies. You have a very good chance of having antibodies with this pressure feeling you're describing. Go back to the endo and get your tests. Post your lab results here.

Ultrasound
Bloodwork:
TSH
FT3
FT4
TGAb
TPOab

:) Tamra