sweet smelling sweat?
Hi! I was diagnosed with being mildly low thyroid.  (my tsh was 6.9, and my T4 was just at 10.1) My doctor gave me a prescription for synthroid because I was presenting symptoms.  Since my first pill, my sweat smells like watermelon. (as my husband says.)  It smells strongly right after a shower, I am assuming because I take HOT showers and heat up my body. I do not use any fragrances, nor perfume.  I wash with Dove sensitive soap.
I saw my doctor the next day because I was worried about sugar levels.  He pricked my finger in the office to check for possible diabetes, He said it was within normal range.  And I have had my urine tested for protein.  (Keitones? sp?)  and glucose...again in normal range.
I then took it upon myself to stop taking the synthroid to rule out if that was what was causing the smell.  I haven't taken the pill now for 16 days, and the smell is just as strong.
I know that it isn't the worst thing to be complaining about, I do smell good! but with my on going health problems last year, I just wanted to be sure there isn't anything else I should be looking at.   Please advise!  Thanks!
When I get out of the shower I sweat.

It does not smell like watermelon.

And please stop messing with your medications.
Take them as perscribed.
DLA
Not to make too light of your problem, but at least it's watermelon.  I go through spells of smelling like a lit match.  That sulphury smell.  I'll trade you.  Drs don't know what mine is either.

By the by, you need to stay on the thyroid pills, that is getting up there.  Normal TSH should be between 0.3 and 3.0.  Don't mess around with it as it has many bad physical side affects being that low.

Dac
Get back on your meds ASAP!  You are taking thyroid medication for a reason and it's not to be messed with.  A simple glucose test won't tell you anything.  Most of us diabetics are withing a "normal" range most of the day - it's the fluctuations that are a problem.  Ask your doctor to run an A1C test.  Unless your blood glucose is extremely high you won't have ketones and glucose in your urine.  Get the A1C test and take your thyroid pill - now!!
I googled it and came up with diabetes and certain urinary infections.  Otherwise, anything new you're eating?      
In an episode of "House," House noticed a patient smelled sweet, like grapes, and said she had an infection. Now I know it's TV, but most of his medical stuff is factual. How was your white blood cell count?
I too have heard this associated with diabetes or an infection.  My mother worked in a nursing home and said medications can cause unusual smells.  She said there was a woman she knew who's heart medication made her breath smell like *sorry* poop.

I was curious too and here's what I found on a search:

http://answers.cbfl.net/answers/threadview?id=386659

Good luck.  Don't mess with the those meds!
Thanks so much for the advise.  I am calling my doctor tomorrow to find out where my thyroid is at now, I got it tested last Wednesday.  If it is still low, I am going back on the meds.  I am also going to ask about the AIC test and inquire about white blood cell count and urinary infection.  This was very helpful.. Thank you!
get a diabetes test asap.... i too have that same thing with sweet smelling sweat and i am pre -diabetes. i hadn't smelled that sweet smell in a long time and now just this week my sweat started to smell sweet again. i'm sure it's related to diabetes somehow, it makes sense. i'm gonna see my doc about it .