swollen eyes
Hi I am new to this forum. I am currently under going tx for hep-c, I have 18weeks left, my thyroid went from hyper to hypo. I am now on thyroid meds. and have had this problem,with discoloration around my eyes ,and pools of fluid build up. Would appreciate any advice thank you
Hypothyroidism can cause fluid retention and I also had these ginormous 'bags' under my eyes when on anti-thyroid meds.
Maybe you have gone hypo and need the meds reduced/increased.....depending whether on a T4 med or antithyroid meds.
When was the last time you had labs done?
I am hypo, was put on 50mcg, then increasedto 100mcg, I am on generic synthroid. my doctor never gives the numbers, it just says the thyroid-stimulating hormone is still quite elevated indicating that you are still hyothyroid.
In order to really be in control of your treatment, you should ask for a copy of the lab report; in the US, your doctor is required to give you one if you ask for it.

In addition, it's never enough to test only TSH levels; this can be very deceiving and any doctor who does this, will keep you ill much longer than necessary.  

You need to have your Free T3 and Free T4 levels tested as well.  These are the actual thyroid hormones and correlate much better with symptoms, than TSH which is a pituitary hormone.  

When I was hypo, I had huge dark bags under my eyes, also.  They were one of the first things to go away when my thyroid levels began coming back into line.  That tells me that most likely, you are still off on your med.  It takes time to get everything regulated for symptom relief; particularly, if you aren't getting FT3 and FT4 done because you have no idea where you really are.  
My doctor does check the FT3 and FT4, I think your right the just have not got the meds right. Thank you for input
If you could get a copy of the lab report and post your levels, along with the reference ranges, that would help members get a better feel for where you are, and we could comment more fully.
I donot see him til dec 8, I have to travel quite a ways to see him, he is there on weds every week, maybe I can have them send them to me. I will post them when I get them. Thank You