swollen neck and throat
The muscles in my neck get really tight and I have a hard time swollowing.
It seams like a allergic reaction
this has been going on for a few weeks.. I have had my blood tested and my thyroid came back normal.
My dr. says it is a combination of gerd and sinus problems. I can't figure out why my neck muscles get so tight. this happens most frequently between 2 and 8 pm. It feel like when you are stressed out and your muscles tighten up.
I have been to a chiropractor and massage therapist and nothing makes the tightness go away
. Something is wrong but I can't figure it out.
I also slur my words when I drink cold beverages. I have never done this before.
I currently am taking acid reflux meds and allegra. I still have the tightness.
I have been to the dr 3 times and still no help
any suggestions?
Which thyroid tests? Post your levels and ranges. I have had 'normal' labs as well. Last spring when I was terribly ill and doctors would only test my TSH and FT4 levels. 'All normal', they said. Then I did some research and found that thyroid levels can fluctuate with an auto-immune thyroid disease and the only reliable test is the antibodies. I tested positive for Hashimoto's.

For hyper symptoms: anxiety, shaky, ear pain and ringing, eye pain, diarrhea, weight loss, chest pain, then get the TSI test for Graves.

If you have some of the above symptoms, plus you alternate with hypo symptoms such as weight gain, constipation, depression, dry skin and eyes, hair loss, muscle pain, brain fog and migraine, rashes or hives, heartburn and GERD, then get the TGab and TPOab antibody tests for Hashimoto's.

Also, get an ultrasound of the thyroid.

People with thyroid disease are commonly low in B12, iron and D3 vitamins. Low D can cause terrible neck cramping and muscle spasms all over the body.

If you do have thyroid disease confirmed, then Selenium (200 strength) once a day helps the swelling as does Motrin.

:) Tamra
Have you had a thyroid ultrasound, to check for a nodule,
I had a thyroid nodule which caused me the symptoms you are experiencing now.
You can still have normal thyroid blood test levels, and still have a nodule.
Good luck, and ask for a ultrasound.
Nicola
I don't know your treatment on thyroid - can I assume you are hypothyroid?

It may be fact that you are suffering sinus and gerd issues. Problem is that - it could be due to hypothyroidism and if medicated - you may be under medicated.

Google up T3 hormone and acid reflux. Its very helpful to learn about how that hormone interacts with that "symptom" and how you can correct it.