symptoms worse at night??
hi there,  

i have recently received ultrasound results showing 2 cysts on my thyroid and a likely diagnosis of thyroiditis.  i see my doc this week to discuss bloodwork results.  i was just wondering if any of you experience symptoms at night that you don't have during the day.

for example, sometimes i wake up with heart palpitations, chest pain and sweats in the middle of the night.  other times one or both hands are asleep.  i also have intermittent restless legs and pain in my head, among other general weirdness during the night.

last night was particularly bad--thought i was having a heart attack for sure.  i recall having read somewhere that thyroiditis attacks often occur at night, but wanted some first-hand experiences from real-live folks!

thanks in advance for your time,
binx
A lot of my symptoms arise (or seem worse) at night because I'm trying to sleep and not thinking of a thousand different things like I do during the day -- in other words, I have time to concentrate on them.  

I've had Hashimoto's Thyroiditis for some time and have experienced "attacks", but when I get them they last much longer than just over night.