Thyroid Disorders Community
symptoms
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

symptoms

Hi, I have hypothyroidism and been strugling with some symptoms that my doctor says shouldn't be the effect of my thyroid problem. So I was wondering if anyone experienced lots of nightmares and really poor quality of sleep, bad teeth and depression? If so do you guys have any good advice for these and for example the brainfog which is tipical for thyro? Thanks in advance.
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Depression and poor quality sleep is consistent with Hypo.

Brain fog is very consistent with Hypo as well.

nightmares I have not heard of though.
Blank
1756321_tn?1377771734
All of the symptoms can be seen with hypothyroidism. Your doctor might want to use google eh? :)
Blank
649848_tn?1357751184
Are you taking any supplements with vitamin B6?  Vitamin B6 is known to cause vivid dreams and/or nightmares.  I can't take it more than once/week or so for that reason.

Depression and poor sleep are hypo symptoms.

Are you on a thyroid medication? If so, which one, what dosage and for how long have you been on it?

Do you have current lab results that you could post, so we can better assess your situation?  Be sure to include reference ranges, which vary lab to lab and have to come from your own report.
Blank
6555161_tn?1382385462
Out of curiosity...have you had blood sugar tested? I'm a type 1 diabetic, and before diagnosis as a kid, I was having nightmares nearly every night for a month. High blood sugars can cause them, weirdly enough. However, I've had some while hypo and hyperthyroid as well.

Teeth- can be affected, for sure. Thyroid problems can cause dry mouth, which in turn can damage teeth. I had a wisdom tooth break without any pain or force just due to my mouth being so dry from the years of flipping from hyper to hypo and back. (Lucky it was a wisdom tooth, I suppose!)

Depression-definitely. You need adequate levels of T4 and T3 in your body, an upset of both or even just one can cause mood changes. However, sometimes depression can linger even when your thyroid symptoms are managed.

Brain fog-HUGE one. I had it both hyper and hypo.
Blank
Yeah I in search for a new doc but health care in my country is beyond ridiculous :/
Blank
I got diagnosed a little more than a year ago, last time when my results came in my tsh level was still 9 so my doc upped my dosega to 75-100 mikrogramm. (I have to take 75 one day and 100 another) I am taking L-thyroxin Henning. I am going for blodd testing tomorrow again so hopefully the new results will be better.
Blank
Yeah my bloodsugar level is perfect, I have to check my bloodsugar regularly because my father is diabetic. I had 4 tooth fillings in the past year so I am getting really anxious about it :S
Blank
Thank you guys for the responses (and sorry for my poor typing skills :))
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...