Thyroid Disorders Community
synthroid withdrawal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

synthroid withdrawal

hi I posted a few weeks ago about my hyper symptoms while on the lowest dose of synthroid.  My doctor said stop the medication 2 weeks ago.  Now I'm experiencing periods of sweating and my pulse goes up to 84 (My bp is still around 95/59 and my normal resting pulse is around 60).  Is this a common withdrawal symptom?  My doctor now wants to monitor my heart in a 24-hour test.  I think its the lack of synthroid.  Has anyone gone thru this?
Are you Hashis or had thyroid removed or ablated?

This question is important as with Hashis the thyroid can go through irratic periods.

And yes I have been through that.
I found though that its 'crossover symptoms' and one minute you feel hypo then the next hyper.Usually it is the FT3 too high or you have gone hypo.
hi..I have never gotten a diagnosis - just that my TSH was 6 you need to take synthroid.  I live in a small town - we don't have an endo up here so its just hit or miss.  My FT3 was not checked.  I guess I will just have to wait and see if I get normal again.  

I've been through this with other problems with my neurologist and ENT - both said "gosh we don't know whats wrong - sorry - let us know if you find out.  

at least you need to get retested now.  Ask for TSH, FT3 and FT4.  Also ask them to test for thyroid antibodies.  Once you get the results we will have a better idea of what is going on and may be able to guide you.

Please also ask them to test for iron, B12 and D3.