thin,peeling nails
I am 31 y/o and was diagnosed hypothyroid may 2007. I am taking levoxxyl 75mg and I noticed that since taking levoxyl to treat my hypotyroid symptoms that my once strong long nails began growing in weak, short,thin and peeling. It seems like the medication is the culprit. I also have bouts of insomnia followed by fatique, and severe allergies to chemicals and smoke especially cigarette smoke. I also experience pain during urination very easily from having sex with my husband, so take cranberry pills and juice daily, my gynocologist recommended bathing before sex and peeing right after but I still suffer afterwards. This is a big problem for us both and painful for me.
My big toe's nail just ripped from removing a sock so I know how it is.  Now, I have this really gross jagged edge that does way down into the quick.

Regarding cranberry juice:  I drank tons of it because I read it was good for UTIs and things.  Here's the kicker--I got a severe UTI and the doctor told me to stop drinking it.  Evidently some people get it like that.

This is kind of a personal question, but do you shave down there?  I do, and I have had awful burning so I think I'm allergic to the cream.  I'll have to switch.  I had tried a cheaper brand.

I don't know if this helps, but I hope it does.