thoughs on my thyroid scan results please
I am new to your board. I posted a question yesterday and did not get any response. So I am going to try again. Sorry to be so persistent.  I am concerned because they found prominent lymph nodes on both sides of my neck. Would this be more of concern to you? Also one of the nodule with internal color flow seen. From what I have read on internet, more color flow or vascularity could mean higher risk of cancer.

Thyroid nodules were discovered on MRI of cervical spine and recommended that I have thyroid scan.  I just got my results today and wondering about enlarged lymph nodes. I had partial thyroid removed over 20 years from single tumor on left side.  Here are my results and wondered if lymph nodes would have anything to do with thyroid nodules.

The right thyroid is mildy prominent and measures 5.2 cm in legnht. A 7 mm hypoechoic noidule with internal color flow is seen in the middle right thyroid. A 9mm  hypoechoic nodule is seen in the lower pole of the right thyroid. There is a tiny 3 mm probable cyst in the mid right thyroid.

Patient has undergone prior left thyroidectomy.

Otherwise incidentally seen in the right lateral neck are a couple prominent lymph nodes measuring up to 2.2 and 1.7 cm in lenght. In the left neck, superiorly and laterally is seen a 1.7cm node with second probable node in this area measuring 1.6cm. In the mid neck laterally on the is a 1.4 cm node.

Impression:
1. Prior left thyroidectomy

2. Very discrete subcentimeter nodules or cyst are in the right thyroid. Recommend follow up in six months.

3. Mild bilateral adenopathy. Please correlate clinically.

Thanks for your input.
bump
OK -

Good - it really on that scan could be telling you not to worry much. There's really nothing in the report that says this is critical and recommends anything at this time

Bad - its only a scan and can't determine cancer by no means/

Why did you have the previous surgery done on the other side?

I would also assume you may be hypothyroid now after the first removaland taking medication to manage your thyroid levels? Do you feel well right now or have you been having trouble getting the hypothyroid under control at all?

This reason I had left lobe out was cold nodule, and parathryoid removed also for tumors.  No I have never been on thyroid medication.  I get bloodwork done every couple years to check it,Ok per doctor.

These lumps were discovered via  mri of cervical spine and  recommended thyroid scan.

Thanks for your rsponse,