thyroid US
I had a US on my thyroid results came back and now he wants me to see a surgeon should I be worried my US says a 1.2 x 1.5 mixed echo nodule in the mid to upper pole right lobe with internal calcifications noted peripherally and incresed blood flow throughout it also says it is a complex vasculas nodule ?
I went to thee Mayo clinic I have medullary carcinoma and will be having surgery on the 26th to  see if they can get it all what a shock
Glad you are getting it taken care of.

I don't know much about medullary carcinoma, but did have a TT.

It has been 15yrs and no thyroid issues. Yes, you will deal with the "getting your levels correct" and it will take time, but hang in there. Just remember patience, patience & more patience...Keep all dr appts. and make sure your levels get checked. Don't just have them do the thyroid, make sure they check your calcium and & Vit D, for some reason people with thyroid problems always lack in these.

Good luck.
they already checked my calcium it was ok my calcition which is bad is to be 8 and mine is 442 which is not good the hope is to save my parathyroid  glands if not I will have to take vitamin d the rest of my life. this cancer likes to spread even if it is little they said so they need to get it all.
HI! I hope everything goes well tomorrow! I was diagnosed with Medullary Thyroid cancer and have had a partial thyroidectomy in September. They had trouble with the biopsy- it came back benign on the table, then follicular variant papilary, then they sent it to Juan Rosai who diagnosed Medullary cancer with small papillary collision tumor. I see the endo on Nov.2 to discuss what to do next with surgery and screening out MEN syndrome ect. I may be going to Washington University in St. Louis to see what they say about treatment options. As far as pathology goes it already went to the top. But I don't know much about treatment options. What info do you have? Let's keep in touch since we are in similar situations. I will  be with you tomorrow in spirit. Blessings!

Alona