Thyroid Disorders Community
thyroid and adrenal ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

thyroid and adrenal ?

hello ,
I have Hashimoto ,I wanted to know what are the best tests to know if I have also adrenal issues ?
I have some symptoms that can be related to the adrenal such as fatigue and dark circles around the eyes !

Thanks ,
I believe taking your temp can give you an idea if you have a consistant low temp it can suggest adreanal problems otherwise a saliva test at different times of the day the blood test does not give accurate results from what I have read.

My question is a saliva test something you can have done at the doctors or do you have to purchase the test out of pocket?
No - the temp test is not associated with adrenals - thats hypothyroid. The "eye" test and reflex test is something you can do at home.

Google adrenal fatigue and eye test. You should pull the directions up on how to do that.

Otherwise - a saliva test would be your best option. 99% of doctors do not "do" the test and you will have to pay to get that. BUT - they will read them with you - if you chose to do it.

ZRT labs and canaryclub are 2 place you can order them. The test is anywhere from 175 to 300 - depending on the company - and what you are looking for.

Your doctor may suggest blood labs like ACTH stim test - but really - those test only indicate a very serious issue with cortisol and adrenals like Addison''s or Cushing's - which both are very rare.

That doesn't mean you may not debilitate your adrenals too much if you remain ill with cortisol imbalances or thyroid issues. These 2 diseases come on - if you ignore the warning signs and do not see the weakness early in adrenal fatigue