Thyroid Disorders Community
thyroid antibodies

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

thyroid antibodies

Daughter's thyroid peroxidase ab is 4.5 in a range of 0.0 - 9.0. And her thyroid stimulating receptor ab is 1.73 in a range of <=1.75. Can anyone tell me what this means?  Is she negative for autoimmune thyroid disease?
Her TSH is 5.51 and FT4 is 1.21 and FT3 is 4.0.
Does the lab results give the range of 0.0-9.0 as normal range for Peroxidase ab? usually they give a > than value. Her TSH is high with the new ranges being .30-3.0....hopefully your lab is using these new ranges as so many aren't!  Free T4 level is good and Free T3 is also good at a high normal range. I would discuss having the doctor run more tests to include some for the hypothalamus and pituitary, since TSH is a pituitary function test.