thyroid conversion
I switched from synthroid 137 mcg to armour 60 mg in July- Saturday I ended up in the emergecy room because they thought I was having a stroke- II am 56 yrs old on thyroid for 30 years. My diagnosis was Bells Pasly with a extremely low thyroid- dr said your thyroid crashed. gave me a rx for synthroid 50 mcg- I called my natual pathic dr and they up the armour to 80 mg - I feel like I am goning to die - I am so tired and my face is still parlayzed from Bells Pasly- feeling scared and like no dr  knows what they are doing- nor do they care-all endocrinolgist cannot see me until Feb or march- How long does this take to work- should I get off armour and go to synthroid again - why am I so inflammed my hand s  are going down some what- I feel scared- any suggestions- thanks Suzanne
Are you aware that Armour was reformulated this spring and it does not work well for some people? Does your NP know it was changed? Many switched to Nature-Throid.

How long were you on Synthroid before Armour, how did it work then for you?

**Lastly, post your latest thyroid lab results tsh, free t3 free t4 with the ranges of the lab used. This is needed for someone here to help you.**

I do know 2 people your age that had Bells Palse for about 3 months before it went totally away.
In addition to the problem with Armour mentioned by LM, the 60 mg Armour is not enough to substitute for 137 of Synthroid.  According to readily available conversion charts, 80 mg would be the right amount.  Personally, I would not even consider changing back to Synthroid at this time, and risking further hypo problems during the switch.  I would take the additional Armour, or better yet, make a switch to Nature-throid, which is basically the equivalent of Armour, without its recent problems.  

Do please post your lab results and reference ranges, as LM suggested.
Dear Gimel

Good day,

Could you please provide me more information about my test. Is this Hypothyroidism ? is this lifelong disease? Below is my LAB test reports. I am also having hair loss from past many months and also my face looks dull & also I get skin problem( red rash in left side of forehead)? i had very fair looks 4 years back but now my skin looks realy dull and not as fair as earlier, Is this all problem is due to my thyroid disorder?

My TSH report says 9.60(Reference range is 0.40 -5.50)

Free T3 is 2.8 (Reference range is 2.30 -4.20)
Free T4 is 1.0 (Reference range is 0.89 -1.80)

Currently taking Thyronorm 25mcg

Best Regards,
Prashwin
In order to keep your information together in one place, I've copied this post and moved it to the thread under your name.