Thyroid Disorders Community
thyroid gland transplant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

thyroid gland transplant

Hi Dr Lupo,

Is there an ongoing research on how to do thyroid gland transplant? is this possible?
hearth and other organs can be transplanted nowadays!!

hope it can be done with GODS Grace!!
This is a patient forum and Dr Lupo does not monitor it.

As far as I know, there is no research into thyroid transplant.  When necessary, a thyroid is removed and the patient started on thyroid replacement hormones.  When monitored and stabilized properly, many people live very well, without a thyroid gland.
Thanks for the reply!Does this apply on your case? (I hope).. but many people out there dont feel well at all... and to think they will live like that for the rest of their lives..
I still have my thyroid, but it no longer functions, which is the same as not having one.  

The main reason people do not feel well, with thyroid issues, is because they don't get proper testing and treatment.  When levels are adjusted to the individual needs, most people live very well.  

Many doctors refuse to test the Free Thyroid hormones and/or adjust them properly according to symptoms.  This is what keeps people ill.

My levels are adjusted quite well, right now.  I've learned to tell when I'm leaning toward hypo and need to get new blood work and med adjustment.

If you are having problems, please list your current levels of TSH, FT3 and FT4, along with reference ranges and symptoms; members can help assess your individual situation and make suggestions that might help.