thyroid goiter
I have recently discovered a thyroid goiter the size of a golf ball.  After aspiration it has been diagnosed as benign.  My question is:  can this be the cause of dystonia(spasmodic torticollis)?  They both seem to have started about the same time approximatly 24 months ago. Thanks for your help
Jamie
Are  you speaking of a goiter the size of a golf ball, or a nodule?  

I know that compression of different nerves/structures in the neck area by goiters and thyroid nodules can lead to some pretty weird and strange symptoms, including trouble swallowing, breathing, ear pain etc..  While I'm not sure what exactly dystonia is (even your bracketed explanation), anything is possible within the neck structure and pressure exherted by a swelling of the thyroid/nodules on it.  

Perhaps, a call to your endo/family doc with this question might give you more definitive answers.  Have you tried asking this of your docs?