thyroid medication and colon cleanses
I was diagnosed with hypothyroid and depression (due to hypothyroid) last year. I am interested in colon cleansing but cautious about doing this while on medication for those two conditions. What are the risks associated with using cleansers on the market? (any known products that do not work well with Levothyroxine and Zoloft?) Thoughts? Suggestions? Any feedback will be helpful.
A colon cleanse will not interfere with your thyroid medication, as it is absorbed readily through the digestive system straight into the blood.
  There has been alot of talk about pros and cons of colon cleansing. Honestly, an extra bit of fibre will do the trick, but if an enema or other kind of colon cleansing makes you feel better tummy wise then go for it.
  If you are taking oral cleansers, do be very wary of the over the counter type. They are usually full of either psyillium or similar, or they are a laxative type of herbal remedy. Which again, honestly, you can make up yourself for a fraction of the cost!
  Most medications are absorbed in the early part of the digestive process and are not usually affected by the colon cleansers. When in doubt, always check with your treating doctor.