Thyroid Disorders Community
thyroid nodule solid 2.4 cm
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

thyroid nodule solid 2.4 cm

ultrsound right lobe 3.7 by 1.5 by 1.8 cm.  left lobe 3.9 by 1.7 by 1.7cm. dominant mass present along anterior aspect right lobe measures .4 cm that is solid.      impression solid dominant nodule present in the right lobe of the thyroid  help what happens now   have a appt @ surgeon

This discussion is related to Complex cyst on thyroid.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
168348_tn?1379360675
I am not an expert here .. hope others will be able to help .. the news with mine was that it was hyopechoic (solid) and turned out to be totally benign upon surgery.

Next step will be a FNA (fine need biopsy) to see what the content of the cells captured reveal .. keep in mind with that procedure it is not 100% accurate and even sometimes is inconclusive but many here have had the test .. I think that will be next step.

Hang in there .. the waiting is sometimes the hardest part,

Cheryl (partial thyroidectomy 1/07)
Blank
Due to the small nodule size (less then) 1 cm, the observation with follow-up ultrasound after 6 months may be offered. Too bad that report did not say if the nodule was Isoechoic or Hypoechoic.
Blank
Oops! Is the nodule  size 2.4 or .4 cm???.
If the size is 2.4, is the nodule hypoechoic,  with irregular borders or increased vascularity ( Doppler color flow)?
Blank
490443_tn?1236651856
HOWDY Mine was 2.2cm. I just had a 90% thyroidectomy. Due to my unluckness, I have Papillary Carcinoma. Had I NOT BEEN so flat out agressive about ME wanting it out the dr would have just some a lil supressive therapy and I would be waiting while my cancer spread. Mines was Hyprechoic. Both solid and cystic. I am a very agressive gal if it is there an not suposed to be, take it out. I DID HAVE a Fine Needle Aspiration came back negative for cancer it had colloid cells. BUT I have an elevated Thyroglobulin 41.6. I am a reader and I have had ALLOT OF help from this board!!!!! This is ME!!!! Go with your heart on waht you decide. EVERY doc is different. I suposse as the posts before me he could do a number of things.... I did not see your report ( I AM NOT REAL SMART like allot of the gals here ond guys so it would not matter any how) GOOD LUCK!!!
Rodoe Queen
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank