thyroid nodules and amiodarone
I have been on amiodarone for 10 yrs now and also have hypothyroidism that was diagnosed soon after I started taking it. I recently found out that I have a multi nodule goiter with a 1.1cm nodule that I have to have biopsied. I am mad and scared because I do not think I've had the right follow-up testing etc. that go along with taking amiodarone. My question is I want to get off amiodarone, but will it help my thyroid? Is the incidence of thyroid cancer the same with or without amiodarone or is it higher?
I also have taken amiodarone and have hypo, but i do not think that if you stop taking amio it will improve, I think that the damage is done now, but I also think that if you continue taking amio it may be worse, not only your thyroid, but also your liver and all the things that you should be checking while taking amio and that i asume your  doctor has not even talked to you about it. Please do some research and ask him, why he or she has never told you about the dangers of amio.
I took it for 4 years with no results at all and with many problems even 10 years after stopping it.
good luck