Thyroid Disorders Community
thyroid nodules and calcification
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

thyroid nodules and calcification

I have recently been diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis after two miscarriages and their followup blood work. My TSH levels were at 5.047 (range .45-4.5) and my Thyroid Peroxidas Antibodies were at 1272 (range 0-34)  I was sent in for a thyroid ultrasound which came back: There are two hypoechoic nodules in the right thyroid isthmus 6x4x3 and 5x3x3mm.  Small calcification in right thyroid lobe and a hypoechoic nodules measuring 2mm. Thyroid isthmus measures 3mm.  I was told to follow up in 6 months.  I know that they nodules are not considered large but I was concerned because of the hypoechoic nature as well as the calcification.  I have been extremely tired with forgetfulness, slight weight gain as well as a fullness and sometimes soar feeling in my throat making it harder to swallow at times.  About a year ago I had several episodes of dizziness and passing out.  I was told then that I had low blood pressure with low resting heart rate followed by much higher heart rate upon standing.
After being diagnosed with hashimoto's I brought up these episodes and was told they were probably the early stages of this disease presenting itself.  I know they would have sent me in if they thought the nodules may be suspicious for cancer but I wanted to find out a little more information if I could about my situation.  I cannot get into an endocrinologist until the end of February and I am concerned.  My family has a long history of thyroid conditions as well as diabetes ext. My husband and I would really like to start trying to conceive again but I would like to get this figured out first because we have already suffered two miscarriages.  If you could give me any advice/info on my specific situation that would be a great help, or if I am just paranoid.  Thanks for your time!