Thyroid Disorders Community
thyroid problem. i have symptoms but tests says its normal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

hi this is sravan,
two years back, i was normal, but not growing physically. poor personality, silky hair, (i had a doubt about thyroid)
once i met doctor and asked him for thyroid test.
then my results became positive, yes it is hyper thyroidsm.
my test results at that time:
t3: 161.42 ng/dl (normal 60-200)
t4: 14.60 ug/dl (normal 4.5-12.0)
tsh: 0.03 uIU/ml  (normal 0.30-5.5)

so then the doctor preferred NEOMERCAZOLE 5 mg tablets daily morning and night,
i continued this tablets for a month. but from there on wards my body started becoming lean.
after two months
i went to test thyroid test again
then my results are
t3: 200.5 ng/dl (normal 80-200)
t4: 17.56 ug/dl (normal 4.5-12.0)
tsh: 0.019 uIU/ml  (normal 0.30-5.5)

it means ...the problem be came high
so then one of my friend suggested me for homeopathy treatment.
then i started taking homeopathy medicine.
after 2 months the thyroid problem became normal. so my doctor advised me to stop homeopathy medicine.
i stopped taking homeopathy medicine. but now the real problem started in my life.

my hair started falling, even i am loosing my eye brows and eye lashes and i am becoming lean and lean
losing weight, i met my doctor several times, and went for thyroid test several times. but the tests says normal,
and my doctor says u r normal. but i still have these problems.
still becoming lean,...now my weight is 45 kg  my age is 25 years
i am loosing my eye brows and eye lashes.
i am loosing my hair when it became 2 cms long...

can any one say what is the problem. i want treatment. now i am very lean. still becoming lean.
my recent thyroid test results are

t3: 141.1 ng/dl (normal 60-200)
t4: 8.02 ug/dl (normal 4.5-12.0)
tsh: 4.38 uIU/ml  (normal 0.30-5.5)
Unfortunately, your doctor is ordering total T3 and total T4 tests.  FREE T3 and FREE T4 are much more useful.  However, let's work with the total T3 and T4 for the moment.

In the first two sets of labs, you were hypER, but in this last set, it looks like you might be moving toward being hypO.  Your TT3 and TT4 are still quite good, but your TSH is rising.  Your symptoms are somewhat mixed:  loss of eyebrows and eyelashes is a hypO symptoms, but weight loss is usually a hyper symptom.  

There are several conditions that can start out with an initial hyper phase, a return to normal and then a hypo phase.  Also, some conditions are characterized by swings from hypo to hyper and back again.  

You might have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, which is an autoimmune disease, and you could have one of the "temporary" forms of thyroiditis, like post-partum thyroiditis, silent thyroiditis or DeQuervain's thyroiditis.  The markers for Hashi's are TPOab (thyroid peroxidase antibodies) and TGab (thyroglobulin antibodies).  If you had those two tested, it would help pinpoint the cause of your thyroid hormone swings.  Perhaps your doctor would order FREE T3 and FREE T4 at the same time?
Hi sir!!!
Thank you very much for your response. recently i had the test
on
t3: 131.3 ng/dl (normal 60-200)
t4: 9.19 ug/dl (normal 4.5-12.0)
tsh: 3.56 uIU/ml  (normal 0.30-5.5)
free t3:2.59 pg/ml (ref range 1.7-4.2)
free t4:1.19 ng/dl (ref range 0.7-1.8)

all are normal but i am becoming lean and lean.
my silky hair became heard and losing when it reaches the length 2 to 3 cm (and my hair getting some smell even im having head bath for each 2 days)
losing weight,
getting semi solid stool
getting pimples on fore head,on back,on neck,and in hair also(on head)

please suggest. what would be the problem. im becoming lean and lean.and losing my hair.

Your TSH is a little high.  AACE recommended a number of years ago that TSH range be adjusted to 0.3-3.0.  Most labs, like yours, still use an older range.  Your FT4 is also a little low.  It's at 45% of range, and target is 50%.  FT3 is also a little low at 36% of range (67+% is target for FT3).  So, everything says you might be a "little" hypo.

Weight loss is not usually a symptom of hypo; weight gain is.  Hair loss can be a symptom of hypo and hyper.  Diarrhea (loose stools) is usuall hyper, and so is acne (pimples).  

Your labs aren't terrible, just a little off.  Considering you aren't on thyroid meds, they don't look too bad.

Did you ask your doctor about antibody testing (TPOab and TGab)?  In the initial stages of Hashi's, swings from hypo to hyper are not uncommon.  That could explain your mixed symptoms.
Hello sir!!!
Thank you very much for your response. i gone through those tests you mentioned.

those reports are like following...
ANTI MICROSOMAL ANTIBODY (AMA) (AMA IS ALSO CALLED AS Anti-TPO Antibodies)  value:6 IU/mL
(ref range: less than 34 is Negative.
               grater than 34 is Positive)

ANTI THYROGLOBULIN ANTIBODY(ATG) OR (TGab)  value: 358 IU/ml
(ref range :less than 225 is Nagative.
                225 - 325 is Equivocal
                grater than 325 is Positive.)

THYROGLOBULIN(TG): VALUE: 2.01 ng/ml (ref range 0 - 55 ng/ml)

and my previous reports are
t3: 131.3 ng/dl (normal 60-200)
t4: 9.19 ug/dl (normal 4.5-12.0)
tsh: 3.56 uIU/ml  (normal 0.30-5.5)
free t3:2.59 pg/ml (ref range 1.7-4.2)
free t4:1.19 ng/dl (ref range 0.7-1.8)

so please specify the reason why i am becoming lean and lean day by day.
is there any problem for me here !!!
losing weight,
getting semi solid stool

please suggest. what would be the problem. im becoming lean and lean.and losing my hair and i lost hair shine.
Your TSH, FT3 and FT4 all indicate that you might be slightly hypO.  TGab is elevated, and that is a marker for Hashimoto's thyroiditis.  The symptoms you list, however, sound more like hypER.  Sometimes in the early stages of Hashi's, FT3 and FT4 levels swing back and forth between hypo and hyper causing mixed symptoms.  

Some people lose weight hypo or hyper, some gain weight hypo or hyper.  

You might ask your doctor to start you on a trial dose of thyroid replacement hormones to see if it helps your symptoms.