Thyroid Disorders Community
thyroid uptake scan

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

thyroid uptake scan

*what does the thyroid uptake scan show the doctor?*
basically shows how the thyroid is functioning and processing hormone.   When i had mine done i scored a 5.   Its on a scale to 100.  So 5 means thst my thyroid wasnt really doing anything.  A person with a perfect thyroid would score a 100.

Its a pain in the next procedure but im glad i had it done as it told me the thryoid wasnt working anyway and it was okay to have it removed.  I had really bad pain so once the thyroid came out, the pain left as well.

you have to be very specific and follow the instructions that they give you 100%.  No hormone for 6 weeks prior to the test.