Thyroid Disorders Community
thyroid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

thyroid

My tsh levels are 111 to 150. I used electroxin 75, this dose is enough or not. what are the side effects of this levels.
Dosage is irrelevant.  The only thing that matters is taking enough T4 and/or T3 meds to raise your Free T3 and Free T4 levels high enough to relieve symptoms.  TSH is a pituitary hormone that is affected by so many variables that it is totally inadequate as a diagnostic by which to medicate a thyroid patient.  Of far greater importance in diagnosing and medicating a thyroid patient are symptoms, and also the levels of the biologically active thyroid hormones, Free T3 and Free T4 (note that these are not the same as Total T3 and Total T4).

If you have never been tested for Free T3 andT4, then you should request those and if the doctor resists, then you should insist on it and don't take no for an answer.  When you have those test results please post them along with their reference ranges shown on the lab report and members will be glad to help interpret and advise further.  

A good thyroid doctor will treat a hypo patient clinically by testing and adjusting Free T3 and Free T4 as necessary to relieve symptoms, without being constrained by resultant TSH levels.  Symptom relief should be all important, not just test results.  I think you will find this link to be of interest.  It was written by a good thyroid doctor for patients that he consults with from a distance.  The letter is sent to the Primary Doctor of the patient to help guide treatment.

http://hormonerestoration.com/files/ThyroidPMD.pdf