Thyroid Disorders Community
thyroid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

thyroid

i've been on 100mcg thyroxine for about 10 years last year my gp reduced the dose i started to put on more weight...three months later after another blood test he put it back up to what it had been ,,,but i've never lost the weight i gained. now my knees and hips are always aching..and my face is puffy....but according to my gp my thyroid is fine....when i ask him why i feel this way constantly tired ...is it just part of getting older...he just laughs and says...you'll soon feel better....and that's it
Please post your thyroid related test results and their reference ranges shown on the lab report so that members can better assess the adequacy of your testing and treatment.  Also, are you having any other symptoms besides the weight gain?  Was the cause for your being hypothyroid ever established?  The most common cause for diagnosed hypothyroidism is Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.  Have you ever been tested for the thyroid antibodies associated with Hashi's?  Those tests are TPO ab and TG ab.