thyroid
im 34 female. i have gone to a n especialist and told me i have goiter and i used some tablets. but after one year  i felt still something in  my throat and did sonoghragy . left lobe shows a well defind lesion 9mm in the lower pole. the mass is solid with peripheral halo mas , s/o adenoma.. no calcifications r present.slightly bulky gland .shows benign features.

color dropper shows slightly increased vascularity.oher things r normal. the doctor told me its not goiter i should do surgery and remove it .

wht do u think of my case?
898
The adenoma 9mm diameter requires follow up, not surgery.
If thyroid levels are normal, check for TSI antibodies.
What kind of tablets are you taking?
I too have a multinodular goiter with nodules...2 on the right and 1 on the left nobe.  The right lobe is 87 x38x30mm and the left is 78x27x27.  Both have grown about 20 mm since being measured 3 years ago.

My symptons are a feeling of tightness in the neck and shortness of breath.  My endo says that thyroid meds will not help because my TSH levels are fine.  The only option for me is surgery.  I'm slightly split as to whether or not to have the surgery.

Is there any one that could provide some feedback on having a total thyroidectomy (since nodules are on both lobes)?  Oh yeah, my biopsy came back benign.  I could watch it, but my fear is that it will only grow bigger.  You can definitely see that it has transformed the appearance of my neck area.  Any feedback is much appreciated.
898
The volume of your  thyroid is about 6 to 8 times larger then average; the TSH supression works well on the thyroids no more then 2 times larger then average; the TSH can be supressed down to 1 or less. It would help to know what TSH level do you have, as some doctors will not prescribe anything until  level exceeds 10 [2 times old upper limit]. Depending of your age, RAI ablation can be used; however if you have cold nodules that are keeping to grow the RAI may not help much. The ultrasound report can be helpful.